Team Leader - Visitor Experience
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and highly organised individuals to supervise and develop our Visitor Experience Team through delivering and maintaining excellent operational standards throughout our Spring/Summer season.
As Team Leader you will manage the smooth operation of the Galleries on a daily basis, ensuring your team is motivated and providing a welcoming and enriching visitor experience. This role is a mix of hands on, operational duties, ensuring the security and safety of the staff and visitors as well as coaching the team to success. You will need to have a proactive approach and be able to deal with staff and visitors at all levels. This role, manages a team of Gallery Hosts and Visitor Experience Assistants to:
- Provide a welcoming and enriching Visitor Experience
- Enhance the Galleries reputation as a visitor attraction
- Inform visitors about exhibitions and the Pavilion
- Encourage donations from visitors
- Promote Galleries services, program and events
- Represent and communicate the Galleries’ vision
- Ensure the safety and security of the Gallery Buildings
- Manage team performance
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience managing, leading and motivating a team, ideally from another visitor attraction or customer facing industry.
- Customer focussed approach
- Clear and effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to forge and develop strong working relationships
Full details can be found in the candidate pack.
Normal working hours are 9.30am to 6.30pm including weekends and Bank Holidays. Working 3/4 out of 7 days on a rota basis.
The role holder will also be expected to cover events. Morning events can start as early as 07:00 and evening events can finish as late as 23:00. Event cover will operate on a rotational basis.
To apply, please forward a CV, Equal Opportunities Form and optional Cover Letter by email to: email@example.com with the vacancy title in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Midday Tuesday 3 March 2020
The Serpentine Galleries is an equal opportunities employer. Our aim is to make sure that you are not treated more or less favourably on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.