Team Leader - Visitor Services
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and highly organised individuals to supervise and develop the Visitor Services Team.
The Team Leader manages the smooth operation of the Galleries, motivating and leading the Team in providing a welcoming and enriching visitor experience. This is a hands on, operational role, managing a team of Gallery Assistants and Visitor Services Sales Assistants to:
- Provide a welcoming and enriching Visitor experience
- Enhance the Galleries reputation as a visitor attraction
- Inform visitors about exhibitions and the Pavilion
- Encourage donations from visitors
- Represent and communicate the Galleries’ vision
- Ensure the safety and security of the Gallery Buildings
About Serpentine Galleries
‘Inspiring the widest audiences with the urgency of art and architecture today’, the Serpentine has been a pioneering force in contemporary art since 1970. It offers artists and architects an open landscape for experimentation and creative collaboration, transforming its two sites in Kensington Gardens each season, forging connections across disciplines and embedding artists in the wider community.
Welcoming up to one million visitors every year the Visitor Services Team ensure that Gallery visits are memorable and enriching, sparking dialogue and onward recommendation.
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating a team
- Experience in customer service delivery
- Clear and effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to forge and develop strong working relationships
Candidates must be available to attend training on the 28th February, 1st and 4th March 2019.
Normal working hours are 9.30am to 6.30pm including weekends and Bank Holidays. Working 4 out of 7 days on a rota basis, the salary is £20,101 per annum pro rata (80% of the full time equivalent £25,126 per annum).
The role holder will also be expected to cover events throughout the year, predominantly during the summer season. Morning events can start as early as 07:00 and evening events can finish as late as 23:30. Event cover will operate on a rotational basis.
For further information, please click here.
To apply, please forward a CV and Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy title in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Midnight Sunday 20th January 2019.